Apoyo conyugal

When one spouse in a divorce proceeding has only worked part-time or has stayed home to raise children and/or support the other spouse’s career, that spouse has the right to seek spousal support payments – alimony – from the full-time income-earning spouse.

The alimony amount ordered by a California judge hinges on each partner’s income, assets, and individual circumstances. “Temporary” spousal support is paid for a specified amount of time; “permanent” spousal support payments can also be halted, but only after a court’s spousal support order has been modified. If you need spousal support – or if you’re paying too much – let us help.