Camp Pendleton Family Law Attorney – Helping Families Resolve Issues Since 1998
- The award-winning family law attorneys at Fischer & Van Thiel, LLP have been serving the Camp Pendleton community for nearly two decades.
- Our top law firm has offices throughout Southern California.
- Michael Fischer is an experienced attorney who has handled hundreds of family law matters.
- Craig Van Thiel is known as one of the best lawyers in the area due to his ability to handle complex family law issues.
- See how we differentiate ourselves from other law firms by reading our client reviews.
- Schedule a consultation with an honest and aggressive lawyer in our office today
Family law attorneys are often associated with divorce. It’s true that many of a family law attorney’s clients are people who are ending their marriage. However, you don’t have to be filing for divorce in order to need legal representation from a family law attorney.
Our team of experienced attorneys represent clients who are handling any type of family-related legal issue. This includes issues related to child support, child custody, spousal support, the division of assets, drafting prenuptial agreements, domestic violence restraining orders, and more. We even assist parents who are trying to help their children navigate the juvenile court system.
Facing any of these legal issues alone can be stressful and intimidating—especially if you’re not familiar with the legal system. Don’t fight these legal battles without the help of an experienced family law attorney. Contact the team of lawyers at Fischer & Van Thiel, LLP today to discuss your case and learn about your legal options.
Divorce Lawyer – Guiding Clients Through the Divorce Process
Camp Pendleton Divorce Attorney – Offering Legal Support to Divorcing Spouses
- If you are ending your marriage, you will need the best lawyers from the top law firms in Camp Pendleton to guide you through the divorce process.
- See what our clients have to say about working with our honest divorce attorneys by reading our reviews.
- Michael Fischer is an award-winning lawyer who is known for providing compassionate, yet aggressive representation.
- Craig Van Thiel is a family law attorney at our law firm who specializes in reaching cost-efficient resolutions on behalf of his clients.
California was the first state in the United States to establish the no-fault divorce, which means the person who files for divorce is not obligated to prove that the other party is at fault. The no-fault divorce gives both spouses the power to end their marriage, regardless of whether or not their spouse wants a divorce.
It may be easy for couples to choose to end their marriage, but the rest of the divorce process can be far more challenging. Some couples that decide to split amicably are able to resolve their issues on their own or with the help of a mediator. However, other couples spend months battling each other over issues related to property division, child custody and support, and spousal support.
If you are filing for divorce, it’s important to seek legal representation from an experienced divorce attorney at Fischer & Van Thiel, LLP. We represent clients from the moment they decide to end their marriage until the final divorce settlement has been reached. Through every step of the way, our attorneys will be there. Let us use our legal knowledge to fight for the best possible outcome in your case.
Divorce Service – Provided By Experienced Child Custody Attorneys
Camp Pendleton Child Custody Attorney – Protecting the Parent-Child Relationship
- The award-winning attorneys at our top law firm have been serving the Camp Pendleton community since 1998.
- As a client of Fischer & Thiel, LLP, you will always have direct access to an experienced child custody lawyer.
- Our honest and aggressive lawyers are dedicated to doing what is in the best interests of your child.
- See how we compare with other law firms in the area by reading reviews written by our former clients.
- Speak to an attorney at Fischer & Thiel, LLP today to discuss your child custody case.
Child custody issues arise when parents either divorce or decide to no longer live together. If the parents cannot come to a child custody agreement on their own, the court will resolve this issue for them.
The judge will take a number of factors into consideration when making decisions related to child custody, including the parents’ criminal records, current relationship with the child, willingness to co-parent, and mental health. In the end, the judge will always do what he or she believes is in the best interest of the child.
There’s nothing more important than the relationship that you have with your child, so it’s important to defend this special bond at all costs. If you are preparing for a child custody dispute, get in touch with the family law attorneys at Fischer & Van Thiel, LLP right away. Our attorneys will fight tirelessly to reach a fair child custody agreement and preserve this precious parent-child relationship.
Lawyer – Helping Domestic Violence Victims in Camp Pendleton
Camp Pendleton Domestic Violence Attorney – Connecting Victims to Legal Resources
- The honest and compassionate attorneys at our law firm are passionate about helping domestic violence victims.
- See why our award-winning lawyers are known as the best in the community by reading our positive client reviews.
- Clients at Fischer & Thiel, LLP will work directly with an aggressive lawyer instead of a caseworker, which sets us apart from other domestic violence law firms.
- A top attorney at Fischer & Thiel, LLP can answer your questions and explain your legal options—call us today!
The term domestic violence can refer to any type of physical violence or threat of violence directed at the offender’s current or former spouse, significant other, roommate, or relative by blood or marriage. Many domestic violence victims feel trapped or as if they have no place to go for help. But, this is certainly not the case. Domestic violence victims who are ready to break away from their abusers can always turn to law enforcement officers and the experienced family law attorneys at Fischer & Van Thiel, LLP.
We will immediately start taking action to ensure you are protected from your abuser. This involves reaching out to the appropriate law enforcement agencies to obtain emergency protective orders and restraining orders on your behalf. If you are also in the process of divorcing your abuser, our attorneys can help. With an attorney from Fischer & Van Thiel, LLP by your side, you will never have to face your abuser alone.
Law Firm – Dedicated to Helping Clients Resolve Child Support Disputes
Camp Pendleton Child Support Attorney – Working To Keep Your Child’s Best Interests in Mind
- Craig Van Thiel is an award-winning lawyer who previously worked for the Child Support Enforcement Unit before joining one of the best law firms in Southern California.
- Van Thiel has become known as one of the top lawyers in the field due to his ability to resolve complex child support matters.
- Michael Fischer is also one of the most highly respected attorneys in the community—just take a look at his client reviews!
- Don’t delay any longer—speak to an honest and aggressive family law attorney at our law firm today.
California is one of the most expensive states to live in, and no one knows that better than a single mother or father trying to raise a child in this state. But, no one has to financially support a child on their own, which is why there are child support laws to ensure both parents offer some sort of support to their child.
Child support and child custody are two separate issues that are addressed during a divorce, however, they are related in one way. The custodial parent, which is the parent that spends the most time with the child, is the one who will receive child support, whereas the non-custodial parent is the one who will pay it.
Child support laws in California are complex, which is why it’s strongly recommended that you work with an attorney. To learn more about child support and how our family law attorneys can help, contact Fischer & Van Thiel, LLP to discuss your case.
Legal Services – For Clients Involved in Spousal Support Disputes
Camp Pendleton Spousal Support Attorney – Committed to Reaching Fair Alimony Agreements
- Michael Fischer is an award-winning lawyer at our law firm who has helped hundreds of clients resolve their spousal support issues.
- Our honest and aggressive attorneys work tirelessly to reach peaceful resolutions on behalf of our clients.
- Find out what it’s really like to work with our lawyers by reading some of our many client reviews.
- Learn about your legal options by contacting a top spousal support attorney from one of the best law firms in Camp Pendleton—Fischer & Thiel, LLP.
In many marriages, one spouse earns a much higher income than the other spouse. When this type of couple divorces, the lesser-earning spouse may find it harder to rebuild her life because of her sudden change in finances. To avoid this problem, the court can order the higher-earning spouse to pay the lesser-earning spouse alimony, which is also referred to as spousal support.
Even if spousal support is awarded, the court rarely orders the higher-earning spouse to pay spousal support forever. Spousal support should not be seen as a free pass to the spouse who receives it. Instead, the receiving spouse should use the alimony to rebuild his or her life and look for opportunities that can help them become self-sufficient.
Spousal support disputes can arise any time a couple files for divorce, which is why it’s so important to be represented by an attorney who has experience in this area. To learn more about how our attorneys can help, contact Fischer & Van Thiel, LLP today.
Civil Law Attorney – Protecting Clients’ Futures and Finances With Prenuptial Agreements
Camp Pendleton Prenuptial Agreement Attorney – Fighting For Clients’ Best Interests
- The honest and aggressive lawyers at our law firm can assist clients who are interested in drafting a prenuptial agreement.
- Our award-winning attorneys always ensure that a prenuptial agreement is in the best interests of our clients.
- Read our many positive client reviews to learn more about working with an attorney from our firm.
- Discuss your needs—and your concerns—with a top lawyer from one of the best law firms in Camp Pendleton.
Many people think that the only people who need prenuptial agreements are those that have a lot of assets to protect, but that’s not necessarily true. Prenuptial agreements can benefit any couple, even those who aren’t wealthy.
Having a prenuptial agreement ensures that the divorce proceedings will go as smoothly as possible since there will be no arguments over who gets what. A prenuptial agreement can also protect both parties’ finances, regardless of each party’s net worth. Some people sign prenuptial agreements to make sure they will be provided for and financially stable after a divorce. Others sign prenups to prevent their future spouse from being able to take the majority of their assets during a divorce.
Is a prenuptial agreement right for you? Let our experienced family law attorneys answer this question. Give Fischer & Van Thiel, LLP a call today to discuss your situation and determine if it’s appropriate to draft a prenuptial agreement.
General Practice Attorney – Assisting Clients With Juvenile-Related Cases
Camp Pendleton Juvenile Court Attorney – Assisting Clients For Over Two Decades
- The award-winning lawyers at our law firm can assist clients with a wide range of juvenile court matters.
- Learn more about working with the best attorneys in Southern California by reading our client reviews.
- Each client will work directly with a top lawyer at our firm, whereas other law firms may connect you with a caseworker instead.
- If you are involved in a juvenile court case, speak to an honest an aggressive attorney at our firm today.
Fischer & Van Thiel, LLP is a full-service family law firm that represents many different types of clients, including families that are dealing with a variety of juvenile-related issues. Our compassionate and knowledgeable attorneys have experience assisting clients with juvenile dependency, juvenile delinquency, and guardianship cases. Whether you are trying to be named as a guardian of a minor, protect a minor from facing criminal consequences, or prove to the courts that your child is safe in your home, our attorneys will be there to help.
Navigating the juvenile court system in California can be intimidating—especially for minors and their parents—which is why it’s so important to be represented by a family law attorney who knows the ins and outs of the juvenile court system. Learn more about how our family law attorneys can help with your situation by calling or emailing Fischer & Van Thiel, LLP today.
Fischer & Van Thiel, LLP has four convenient law office locations in Carlsbad, San Diego, San Marcos, and Oceanside. Our certified attorneys can assist clients in various family law practice areas, including divorce, military divorce, paternity, child custody, visitation, estate planning, and domestic abuse. To schedule a consultation with a member of our team, please contact us by phone or email today. You can also fill out the form on our website to get in touch with someone in our office.