San Diego County Family Law Lawyer – Helping Families Reach Resolutions
- Michael Fischer and Craig Van Thiel are two of the top family law attorneys in Oceanside.
- Our award-winning law firm has been providing clients in San Diego County with honest legal advice and aggressive representation for nearly 20 years.
- Find out why our lawyers are known as the best in the Southern California by reading our online reviews.
- Working with Fischer & Thiel, LLP is not like working with other law firms. Every client will work directly with an experienced lawyer—not a caseworker.
- Schedule a consultation to speak to an attorney on our team about your case today.
Many people have heard of family law attorneys, but aren’t sure exactly what they do or who they represent. Family law attorneys often represent clients who are going through emotionally challenging times in their lives. At Fischer & Van Thiel, LLP, we handle all types of family law cases, including those involving uncontested and contested divorce, child support, child custody, spousal support, prenuptial agreements, the division of property, adoption, juvenile court, and domestic violence.
Regardless of which family-related issue you face, our attorneys are here to help. Our compassionate team will offer the emotional support that you need to make it through this tough time, while aggressively fighting on your behalf in the courtroom. Let us help you resolve these issues so you can close this chapter of your life and move forward. Contact Fischer & Van Thiel, LLP today to schedule a consultation to learn more about your legal options.
Divorce Lawyer – Fighting For Favorable Divorce Settlements
Divorce Attorney – With Nearly Two Decades of Experience
- Ending a marriage is always hard, but the honest and aggressive attorneys at our law firm will do our best to make it easy on you.
- Michael Fischer is an award-winning lawyer who has served clients in San Diego County since 1998.
- Attorney Craig Van Thiel has a knack for resolving complex family law issues in the best and most cost efficient way possible.
- Find out why we are known as one of the best law firms in San Diego County by reading our online reviews.
- Speak to one of our top lawyers about your case today—call now!
There are two main types of divorce: uncontested and contested. In an uncontested divorce, the parties are able to work together to reach agreements on issues related to child support, child custody, property division, and spousal support. An uncontested divorce can typically be wrapped up fairly quickly since there are no disputes that must be settled in court.
A contested divorce is not as peaceful. Couples who are going through a contested divorce disagree on how to resolve issues related to child support, child custody, property division, and spousal support. Because the couple cannot reach an agreement on their own, the issues will go to court where a judge will have the final say in the matter.
The process is certainly much smoother if the divorce is uncontested, but that does not mean that it’s easy. Anyone who is filing for divorce—whether the divorce will be uncontested or contested—should seek legal representation from a San Diego divorce attorney at Fischer & Van Thiel, LLP.
Divorce Service – For Parents in Child Custody Disputes
Child Custody Attorney – Committed to Doing What’s Best For the Child
- The lawyers at our award-winning law firm will work tirelessly to protect the parent-child relationship.
- Our aggressive attorneys will always be honest with clients when it comes to discussing what is in the best interests of the child.
- Read some of our online reviews to get a better idea of what you will experience when you hire a lawyer from one of the top law firms in town.
- Schedule a consultation to talk to an attorney on our team about your child custody case today.
Child custody is one of the most contentious family law issues since both parents are willing to fight tirelessly for the right to see their children. But, creating a child custody agreement does not have to turn into a courtroom battle. Parents who are no longer living together have an opportunity to work out a child custody arrangement on their own before taking the issue to court. If this is not possible, the parents will head to mediation, where a neutral third party can guide both parties to a resolution. Reaching an agreement outside of the courtroom gives parents the power to create their own parenting schedule instead of letting a judge do it for them. But unfortunately, if one or both parent is unwilling to compromise, the case will go to court.
Parents should never attempt to reach a child custody agreement without an experienced attorney by their side. The attorneys at Fischer & Van Thiel, LLP can ensure that the final agreement is in the best interest of all parties involved—especially the children. Call our law offices today to provide us with information about your situation.
Lawyer – With A Passion For Helping Victims of Domestic Violence
Domestic Violence Attorney – Representing Brave Victims in San Diego County
- Each aggressive attorney at our award-winning law firm is dedicated to defending the rights of domestic violence victims.
- The attorneys at other law firms may tell their clients what they want to hear, but our lawyers are always honest when providing legal advice.
- Learn more about our team by reading some of the best reviews written by our former clients.
- Discuss your case in a confidential consultation with a top lawyer on our team.
Domestic violence is a serious issue that affects millions of men, women, and children in the United States. In fact, it is estimated that nearly 20 people are physically abused by their romantic partner every minute here in the U.S. That means that more than 10 million men and women are physically abused every year. These statistics are startling, which is why it’s so important for domestic violence victims to know that help is available for them when they are ready for it.
The experienced family law attorneys at Fischer & Van Thiel, LLP can assist domestic violence victims who are brave enough to take action against their abuser. The state of California aggressively prosecutes domestic violence offenders, and offers their victims a number of different protections as well. Let an attorney at Fischer & Van Thiel, LLP guide you through the process of obtaining emergency protective orders and restraining orders so you can distance yourself from your abuser.
Law Firm – Assisting Parents in Child Support Disputes
Child Support Attorney – Putting Your Child’s Needs First
- Fischer & Thiel, LLP is known as one of the top family law firms in San Diego County.
- Craig Van Thiel is an honest and aggressive lawyer who used to work for the Child Support Enforcement Unit, so he knows the best way to handle these cases.
- Attorney Michael Fischer has helped hundreds of clients in San Diego County resolve their family-related legal issues.
- The award-winning attorneys at our law firm frequently receive positive reviews from clients we’ve worked with in the past.
- Speak to one of our lawyers today to learn more about how we can help.
Parents who are not living under the same roof will need to discuss child support at some point. Child support is a type of payment made by the non-custodial parent to the custodial parent. The payment will not necessarily cover every expense that the custodial parent incurs while raising the child, but it should at least cover basic living expenses.
If parents cannot reach an agreement on their own, the court will step in to help. A judge will need to calculate each parent’s income and review the child custody agreement to determine how much child support should be paid and to whom. Most family law judges will use a complicated formula to calculate child support, but judges do have the authority to deviate from this amount in certain circumstances.
Emotions are typically running high in a child support dispute, so it’s in your best interest to have a levelheaded, knowledgeable attorney by your side. The attorneys at Fischer & Van Thiel, LLP will do what it takes to reach a child support order that is in your child’s best interest.
Legal Services – For Divorcing Clients in San Diego County
Spousal Support Attorney – Helping Spouses Reach Alimony Agreements
- Divorcing couples often get into heated disputes over spousal support, but the award-winning attorneys at our law firm can work tirelessly to reach a resolution.
- Michael Fischer and Craig Van Thiel are honest and aggressive lawyers committed to their clients.
- Clients will work directly with a lawyer—not a caseworker—when they hire Fischer & Thiel, LLP.
- Read our reviews to find out why clients and colleagues agree that Fischer & Thiel, LLP is one of the best law firms in San Diego County.
- Speak to a top attorney on our team about your spousal support dispute today.
Spousal support is one of the many issues that will need to be addressed during a divorce. In some cases, the judge will decide that spousal support is not appropriate since both spouses are financially stable and earn around the same amount of income. However, in many divorces, the judge determines that short or long-term spousal support payments are necessary.
Spousal support is typically only awarded in divorces where one spouse either is unemployed or makes far less than the other spouse. To ensure the spouse does not suffer financial hardship as a result of the divorce, the judge will order the other spouse to make spousal support payments to him or her.
If you have questions about whether or not spousal support will be awarded in your divorce, contact an experienced divorce attorney today. Let the team at Fischer & Van Thiel, LLP answer your legal questions and explain your options today.
Civil Law Attorney – Drafting Enforceable Prenuptial Agreements
Prenuptial Agreement Attorney – Planning For Your Future
- Let an honest and aggressive lawyer from our award-winning law firm create a prenuptial agreement that protects your future.
- Drafting a prenuptial agreement is one of the best ways to plan for your future, and our lawyers can help.
- Read the online reviews written about our attorneys to find out why clients choose us over other law firms.
- Schedule a confidential consultation with a top attorney on our team to learn more.
A prenuptial agreement is a legally binding document signed by two people who are planning on getting married. Most prenuptial agreements focus on the property rights of each party in the event of a divorce. To put it simply, the agreement will outline how the property will be divided if the couple decides to call it quits.
Signing a prenuptial agreement can be a smart decision, but it’s important to let an experienced attorney review the document before you sign it. An attorney will review the terms of the prenuptial agreement draft and determine if the contract is in your best interest. Attorneys can also submit edits and suggestions to the other party’s attorney until both sides can agree upon a final contract.
Without an attorney, it’s possible that you could sign an agreement that leaves you with very little after a divorce. Even if you are confident that divorce is not in your future, it’s not wise to sign an unfavorable prenuptial agreement
General Practice Attorney – Handling Juvenile Court Cases
Juvenile Court Attorney – With Extensive Legal Resources
- Fischer & Thiel, LLP is one of the top law firms in San Diego County, with award-winning lawyers committed to helping clients resolve issues in juvenile court.
- Our honest and aggressive attorneys will work tirelessly to reach the best possible outcome in your case.
- Clients will have direct access to a lawyer, not a caseworker, when they work with our firm.
- Our online reviews speak for themselves—clients love working with our law firm!
- Speak to an attorney in private about your juvenile court case today.
The court system in California handles a wide variety of cases, including those that involve juveniles. For example, the court will handle juvenile dependency cases, which arise when it is believed that a child is being neglected or abused by their parents or legal guardians. The court system also handles criminal cases that involve juvenile defendants, which are known as juvenile delinquency cases. Guardianship cases are also handled through the juvenile court system. These cases arise when someone that is not a minor’s parent wishes to become his or her legal guardian.
Juvenile-related legal matters are just one of the many types of cases that are handled by California’s judicial system. If you ever need to turn to the court system to resolve a family-related issue, don’t do it alone. Trust the experienced family law attorneys at Fischer & Van Thiel, LLP to protect your child’s rights and stand beside him or her throughout the legal process.
The San Diego family law attorneys at Fischer & Van Thiel, LLP have a number of different practice areas, including child custody, visitation, paternity, legal separation and divorce, child support, juvenile court, mediation, and other family law matters. Call today to schedule a consultation with an attorney in San Diego. You can also fill out the form on our website to send us an email about your case.