In beautiful North San Diego County is the city of Oceanside. This city has miles of clean, white, sandy beaches. It has a beautiful harbor and a world-class marina. Surfers, divers, deep-sea fishers, and water sports enthusiasts flock to these beaches.
As you walk along the beach, you will see fine restaurants with panoramic views. You will also see beautiful resort hotels.
There are great places to have a cool drink or shop for unique souvenirs. All of this you can see without even venturing off the beach.
As wonderful as all that is, there is so much more to Oceanside.
Did Somebody Say Tours?
Oceanside is a tour lovers paradise. Here are a few tours that are offered. However, there are also self-guided tours. Be sure to stop by for maps of the area that you would like to visit at your own speed.
- Beer Tours
- Oceanside is a beer lover’s dream. The area features nine craft breweries. There are numerous Taprooms. Regional and rotating craft beer is always a great treat. If you love beer, you must take this tour
- Bike Tours
- Oceanside has many national and regional biking events. It is home to many races and events. If you are training (at any level) for an event, you want to stop here. If you just want to have a fun day biking in one of the most beautiful cities in the USA, you want to stop here.
- History Tours
- If you just love to learn about how places began and what brought them to where they are today, you should stop by the historical society and join one of their tours. You will be amazed as you learn about the culture and history of the area. These summer tours allow you to walk through downtown. These tours and visits to local museums will give you a great idea of what the founders of Oceanside faced to make it the wonder it is today.
You will find many wonderful and unique museums in Oceanside. They include:
- Faith-Based and Religious Itinerary
- MiraCosta Art Department Kruglak Gallery
- Model Train Museum
- Museum of Making Music
- Oceanside Museum Of Art
- Oceanside Historical Museum
- Buena Vista Audubon Society Nature Center
- California Surf Museum
- Brooks Theatre
Oceanside has many shopping malls, high-end boutiques, and outlet stores. Don’t forget to stop by the Farmers Market for fresh home-grown fruits and vegetables. You will find items in Oceanside that are unique and one of a kind. For a guide to the various shopping avenues, head to the Oceanside chamber site.
The Oceanside area is home to dozens of different wineries. You will find some of the best wines in the country right at your fingertips. There are various ways you can enjoy these beautiful vineyards and wine tastings. We encourage you to research the available venues for yourself.
Be aware that you can take guided tours or self-guided tours. You can go by limousine or party bus. You can even go on horseback. Decide on how you want to experience this activity and then go for it.